Walsh Whiskey Distillery at Royal Oak are currently recruiting for a Quality and Environmental Laboratory Technician. The (Q&E Lab) Technician is a key role in our team. Complying with quality and environmental guidelines and the promotion of best-practice to ensure our products are of the highest quality are the main factors of success in this role. The successful candidate will be interested in building a quality and environment department from initial foundations into a strong, reliable and proactive department that will ensure Walsh Whiskey Distillery at Royal Oak operates at the highest levels in these areas.
The emphasis of this role will be around establishing quality systems, procedures and equipment, while also encompassing the environmental agenda for the site.
- Educated to Degree standard in Chemistry, Microbiological or Science backgrounds.
- At least 2 years relevant experience in an industrial laboratory, with expertise in the equipment utilised with the food/beverage industry.
- It is preferred that the successful candidate should have some knowledge of the distilling process.
- Competent internal auditor and trained sensory panelist.
- Organised, diligent and meticulous
- Independence with multi-tasking
- Strong analytical skills
- Eagerness to learn and develop
- Safety conscious
- Able to integrate within the team
- Open and honest
Closing date for applications is Friday 12 May.
Email your CV and cover letter to: Ashling Ward on firstname.lastname@example.org